After Your Visit
It is important to leave the facility with your post-operative instructions in hand, as well as any medications or prescriptions given to you.
• Get plenty of rest
• Please DO NOT drive for at least 8 hours after surgery
• After leaving the facility, have something to eat and drink before taking your medications.
• Do not have sexual intercourse, take baths, swim, douche, or use tampons for 2 weeks after your surgery. Avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting as well. We will provide you with a medical excuse for work or school.
• Remember to expect some bleeding, cramping and breast tenderness after the termination, but if you experience extreme pain, heavy bleeding and clotting, or temperature above 100, please call us at any time, day or night.
• We strongly recommend a two week follow-up appointment with your own physician or planned parenthood councelor. Please call for an appointment.
Remember, for more information please call us Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM through Midnight to speak to a councelor or nurse with any questions or concerns you may have.