After Your Visit
• Get plenty of rest
• Please DO NOT drive for at least 8 hours after surgery
• After leaving the facility, have something to eat and drink before taking your medications.
• Do not have sexual intercourse, take baths, swim, douche, or use tampons for 2 weeks after your surgery. Avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting as well. We will provide you with a medical excuse for work or school.
• Remember to expect some bleeding, cramping and breast tenderness after the termination, but if you experience extreme pain, heavy bleeding and clotting, or temperature above 100, please call us at any time, day or night.
• We strongly recommend a two week follow-up appointment with your own physician or planned parenthood councelor. If you are unable to reach one we will provide one free of charge. Please call for an appointment.
Remember, you may call us between the hours of 8 AM and 4 PM to speak to a counselor or nurse with any questions or concerns you may have.