After Your Visit
After your visit for abortion care.
It is important to leave abortion clinic with your post-operative instructions in hand, as well as, any medications or prescriptions given to you.
- Get plenty of rest
- Please DO NOT drive for at least 8 hours after surgery
- After leaving the facility, have something to eat and drink before taking your medications.
- Do not take baths, swim, or douche for 2 weeks after your surgery
- Do not use tampons for 2 weeks after your surgery
- Avoid strenuous exercise and heavy lifting, as well.
- We will provide you with a medical excuse for work or school upon request.
- Do not have sexual intercourse
- Remember to expect some bleeding, cramping and breast tenderness after the termination, but if you experience extreme pain, heavy bleeding and clotting, or temperature above 100, please call us at any time, day or night.
- We recommend a post-operative checkup in 2-3 weeks.
For more information please call us Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM – 8 PM to speak to a counselor or nurse with any questions or concerns you may have.