Since June 2022, abortion laws have been changing. The Supreme Court’s controversial ruling has made it difficult for women to find a safe abortion clinic. Where do you go? How can you find out the abortion laws in your state? Below, our leaders at the best abortion clinic in Paramus, NJ, share 5 great tips to help you get a legal abortion.
It’s Important to Stay Informed
As of June 24, 2022, a woman’s constitutional right to an abortion was called into question, and as a result laws in each state are changing. What does this mean for you? It means you need to determine what the state laws concerning this topic are where you live whether you wish to terminate an unwanted pregnancy or need a D&C after a miscarriage.
Dispelling Myths About Abortions – Be Aware of Red Flags
During your search for an abortion clinic in Paramus, NJ, you’ve probably stumbled across what are called pregnancy crisis centers. They tend to be run by religious organizations instead of staffed by licensed medical professionals, and they do not have your best interest in mind but rather wish to convince you to continue your pregnancy to deliver a baby at term.
One of the biggest problems with these crisis centers is their inevitable scare tactics. They attempt to talk women out of having an abortion by giving them false information. Let’s take a look at a few of those myths.
- Your chance of breast cancer is higher if you have an abortion: FALSE
- Your fertility is affected if you have an abortion: FALSE
- You’ll definitely have lasting trauma if you have an abortion: FALSE
- Abortions are reversible: FALSE
There is no concrete medical proof that any of those statements are true. When looking for an abortion clinic, you’re looking for doctors and staff who are compassionate, supportive, and factual. So how do you find the best abortion clinic in Paramus, NJ?
Follow These Five Pro Tips to Find the Best Abortion Clinic in Paramus
Each state has its own law(s) when it comes to abortions. In some states, abortion is banned entirely. In others, it is possible to legally obtain an abortion. Find out the laws in your state first before you start your search for a clinic. Then do these things:
- Prioritize your safety. The truth is there may be legal risks involved regarding self-managed at-home medical abortions (abortion pills). Keep yourself safe. Use discretion when looking for an abortion clinic.
While you should talk to someone, keep your circle close and talk to only those who you completely trust.
- Take the time to research the clinic and staff. This should especially apply to doctors and nurses. Choose a clinic with board-certified gynecologists who have experience performing abortions. Likewise, the nurses should be licensed and have experience.
Interview as many staff members as you can before making your decision. Ask about the turnover rate for staff. A high turnover rate may indicate problems within the clinic.
- Have an understanding of the types of abortions. You’ve heard the saying, “Knowledge is power.” It’s true. Don’t go into an abortion clinic without understanding your options.
Know the difference between types of abortion. Learn how they work, the success rate for each, the side effects, and how to prepare.
- Visit the clinic. A reputable abortion clinic will not have a problem with you visiting the facility to take a look around. Is the clinic clean? Is there a separate and secure exit so you don’t have to leave through the waiting area? How did the staff make you feel? Were they warm and friendly? Did they answer all your questions?
- Trust your instincts. You should never feel judged about your decision to have an abortion. If anything at all feels off to you with either the clinic itself, the doctors, or the staff, then it’s time to move on. That’s not the right place for you.
A Final Note to Ease Your Stress…
The decision to have an abortion is not an easy one, and you might feel nervous about your appointment. If so, it’s recommended you prepare for your appointment as much as you possibly can.
If you’re able to fill out all patient forms at home before your appointment, do so. It is much easier to do this at home than it is to feel rushed in a waiting room. If they aren’t on the abortion clinic’s website, ask that they be mailed to you.
Have your method of payment secured. If you have insurance that covers the cost of an abortion, take your insurance card. If you do not have insurance and need financial help, ask the abortion clinic for funding resources.
Will you need to arrange for a ride home? Find out, and have those arrangements in place.
You’ll be given instructions on how to physically prepare for your abortion. Follow them carefully, as they are designed to keep you safe and healthy.
Your Search for the Best Abortion Clinic in Paramus, NJ, is Over. Visit Metropolitan Medical Associates Today
Our team of board-certified gynecologists has over 100 years of combined experience in the field of women’s healthcare. Our priorities are maintaining your safety, privacy, confidentiality, and dignity.
If you have questions about terminating a pregnancy, through any of the abortion options we offer, and are ready to request an appointment, or have questions about our other health services for women, please contact our discreet and compassionate team at 201.429.9748!